Follow this link to watch a short video of how the Claim’s process should work.
- Get help for the injured.
- Call the police. Remain at the scene of the accident.
- Warn oncoming traffic. Set hazard lights and flares.
- Try to remain calm.
- Do not admit fault.
- Exchange names, addresses, emails, phone numbers, makes of vehicles, driver’s and vehicle license numbers, and insurance company/policy number information with all drivers.
- Get names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers of all passengers and witnesses.
- Sketch the accident.
- Examine and record damage to other vehicles and property.
- Take pictures of the scene and damage.
- Do not discuss the accident or sign any documents. Only answer questions asked by police and your Safeco claim representative.
- Call your Insurance Company Claim’s Department promptly. Your claim representative will ask you some questions about the accident and will begin the claim resolution